We’ve teamed up with Quicke’s, for their guidance on the perfect spring pizza.
Get foraging for wild garlic and nettle, to craft authentic, seasonal cooking.
4 x sourdough pizza balls
60ml double cream
Small bunch of wild garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
45g Quicke’s Lady Prue cheese, thin slivers
80g of nettle leaves - stalks removed *
*Chef’s tip - use gloves, nettles sting!
- Gently mix the cream and wild garlic and nettles in a saucepan until softened.
- Take the dough balls out from the freezer and defrost overnight (at least 12hours) in a refrigerator. Make sure they’re covered with a clean cloth or cling wrap to prevent drying out.
- Remove 2 hours prior to use and bring up to room temperature (about 20°C.), they’ll around double in size.
- On a floured surface, either hand stretch or roll out using a rolling pin to your required size.
- Place in a pre-oiled pizza pan and spread the nettle mixture onto the base of the stretch pizza along with slivers of the cheese and a handful of fresh nettles evenly across the base and bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle finely grated Lady Prue and serve.
Want to stock Quicke's? Order wholesale from The Cheese Merchant!
Find out more about Quicke's.