If you love fresh green veggies, white wine and blue cheese, this might just be the recipe for you.
This creamy 4 of your 5 a day soup, uses perfect little 100g pyramid pockets of Shepherd Purse Yorkshire Blue Cheese, a firm favourite in many of our customers’ kitchens.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion
1/2 cup (125ml) Sauvignon Blanc
1 large broccoli
1 litre of vegetable stock
100g Shepherd Purse Blue Cheese
Garlic bulbs to taste, we like two big juicy ones
A handful of flat-leaf parsley
Freshly cooked baguette
Longley Farm Cream
- Heat half the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the peeled and cubed potato, diced onion, chopped leek (pale part only) and crushed/pressed garlic. Cook for 5 minutes and gradually add the wine. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes or until the wine reduces by around half.
- Add the broccoli heads and stock, then reduce heat to medium and simmer. Stir occasionally so the mixture doesn’t burn for 15 mins, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 10 mins to cool slightly.
- Add half the cheese to the broccoli mixture. Place in a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the saucepan and place over low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with remaining cheese, and dribble over some cream, if using.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve warm, with the toasty baguette slices.