Pancakes have that famous sweet reputation, but here at The Cheese Merchant, we're swapping the golden syrup for gruyère.
See below our very naughty, luxurious breakfast pancakes recipe you can make for yourselves at home.
100g plain flour
1 Fenton Farm egg
200ml Estate Dairy full-fat milk or semi-skimmed milk
½ tbsp vegetable oil
30g Fen Farm Dairy butter
55g Real Cure White Pepper & Fennel Salami
80g grated Entremont Gruyère
small handful chives, snipped
A little salt
Snowdonia Spiced Tomato and Vodka Chutney
- If adding mushrooms, start by gently frying them in a separate pan, we like to add juicy garlic cloves to ours.
- Mix the flour and ½ tsp salt in a bowl.
- Combine the egg with the milk and oil, and gradually combine with the dry ingredients. Keep whisking until a smooth batter consistency.
- Swirl a little oil around in a non-stick pan or iron over gentle heat.
- Pour or ladel a quarter of the batter into the pan, tilting to cover the full surface and create a thin layer. Cook for 1 min, flip over and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Cover half of the pancake with a quarter of the butter, and sprinkle over salami and Gruyère to your preference. If you like cooked mushrooms, you can add them in here too!
- Grind over seasoning to taste (remember, there’s already pepper in the real cure salami we’re using!) and fold the pancake over to sandwich the fillings.
- Scatter with chives and repeat until you have four perfect pancakes!
Love these ingredients and producers?
Come on board and buy from us.